Hour of Code 2019
ACM Student Chapter Maribor participated in this year’s Hour of Code event. Several members of our chapter volunteered to perform workshops in several local schools in and around the City Municipality of Maribor. We made a total of 6 workshops aimed towards the primary school students aged 11-13 years. A brief description of all workshops is attached bellow:
- December 9th, 2019, at 8:00, Primary school Rače (Grajski trg 1, 2327 Rače) - 4th and 5th grade, W1
- December 9th, 2019, at 9:25, Primary school Rače (Grajski trg 1, 2327 Rače) - 4th and 5th grade, W1
- December 10th, 2019, at 8:45, Primary school Rače (Grajski trg 1, 2327 Rače) - 7th, 8th and 9th grade, W2
- December 11th, 2019, at 9:15, Primary school Rače (Grajski trg 1, 2327 Rače) - 7th, 8th and 9th grade, W3
- December 12th, 2019, at 12:05, Primary school Prežihov Voranc Maribor (Gosposvetska ulica 10, 2000 Maribor, 6th grade, W4
- December 12th, 2019 at 12:30, High school Ravne na Koroškem (Na gradu 4a, 2390 Ravne na Koroškem) – 1st year, W3
W1: In this workshop, students learned how to prepare first presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint. Students created colorful presentations of winter and learned the basics of PowerPoint.
W2: In this workshop students made one of their first robot that was able to operate based on Blockly programming language. Students used Lego Mindstorm education kit to build their robot. For programming the robot tables were used.
W4: In this workshop, the students learned basic programming concepts within the visual programming environment, published at StudioCode. Programming language used in this workshop was based on Blockly. The students created a simple game by connecting condition-consequent blocks.