About Maribor ACM Student Chapter
Welcome to ACM Maribor student chapter. The chapter was established in 2015 by the PhD students from Computer Science Institute at Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Maribor. Our main goal is to share computer science knowledge between different generations of students, while also connecting internationally with other students and ACM chapters across the world.
- Fundamentals of computing and informatics (2. part)On Tuesday, August 30, the follow-up workshop “Fundamentals of computing and informatics”, where held at UM FERI, which were intended for seniors and other interested parties who are involved in the Association of Maribor Engineering Societies. Participants got to know the applications of Google company. For using Google’s applications, participants had … Read more
- Programing for GirlsFrom 24th to 26th of August 2022, a workshop “Programming for girls”, were held at UM FERI, which were intended for high school girls which want to get to know how to write a program that will work on may devices of our network called Internet. The content of the workshop … Read more
- Fundamentals of computing and informatics (1. part)On Tuesday, June 28, the workshops “Fundamentals of computing and informatics”, parts 1 was held at UM FERI, which were intended for seniors and other interested parties who are involved in the Association of Maribor Engineering Societies. In the 1st workshop, the participants first learned about the basic components of a … Read more
- Delavnica NVIDIA: Osnove pospešenega računalništva s CUDA C/C++KDAJ: 16. 2. 2022, 10.00-18.00 KJE: MS Teams (povezavo dobite na dan dogodka) Število mest: 30 Rok prijave: 15. 2. 2022, do 23.55 oziroma do zapolnitve mest! Cena: 0€ Delavnica je namenjena študentskim članom IEEE Slovenija ter študentom UM, UL, UPR in IJS, so pa dobrodošli tudi zaposleni na univerzah in … Read more
- Pizza party 2022Dear Students and Colleagues, we are thrilled to announce our annual Pizza Party social event. It will be held on 28th of February at 16:00. The event will take place in the G3 basement (Amfiteater Gauss) of Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Maribor (UM FEECS). Pizza Party … Read more
Communications of the ACM: News
- The government said a group linked to Russia's intelligence service carried out sustained operations to undermine trust in Britain's political system.
- A study found that water use by bitcoin miners hit 591 billion gallons so far this year, up from 415 billion gallons in 2021.
- Hanan Samet was honored with the inaugural Lifetime Impact Award from ACM’s Special Interest Group on Spatial Information (SIGSPATIAL).
- COBOL is one of the top mainframe programming languages in use, but most schools and universities have not taught COBOL in decades.
- Researchers developed a method to protect wind turbines from ice using drones.
- Arkose Labs reported malicious attacks by bots and human fraud farms accounted for 73% of all Web and app traffic in the third quarter of 2023.
- An international team developed a monolithic three dimensional integrated chip comprised of layered two-dimensional materials.
- Tianfu Wu at North Carolina State University and colleagues developed the QuadAttacK software to test deep neural networks for adversarial vulnerabilities.