About Maribor ACM Student Chapter
Welcome to ACM Maribor student chapter. The chapter was established in 2015 by the PhD students from Computer Science Institute at Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Maribor. Our main goal is to share computer science knowledge between different generations of students, while also connecting internationally with other students and ACM chapters across the world.
- Fundamentals of computing and informatics (2. part)On Tuesday, August 30, the follow-up workshop "Fundamentals of computing and informatics", where held at UM FERI, which were intended for seniors and other interested parties who are involved in the Association of Maribor Engineering Societies. Participants got to know the applications of Google company. For using Google's applications, participants had […]
- Programing for GirlsFrom 24th to 26th of August 2022, a workshop "Programming for girls", were held at UM FERI, which were intended for high school girls which want to get to know how to write a program that will work on may devices of our network called Internet. The content of the workshop […]
- Fundamentals of computing and informatics (1. part)On Tuesday, June 28, the workshops "Fundamentals of computing and informatics", parts 1 was held at UM FERI, which were intended for seniors and other interested parties who are involved in the Association of Maribor Engineering Societies. In the 1st workshop, the participants first learned about the basic components of a […]
- Delavnica NVIDIA: Osnove pospešenega računalništva s CUDA C/C++KDAJ: 16. 2. 2022, 10.00-18.00 KJE: MS Teams (povezavo dobite na dan dogodka) Število mest: 30 Rok prijave: 15. 2. 2022, do 23.55 oziroma do zapolnitve mest! Cena: 0€ Delavnica je namenjena študentskim članom IEEE Slovenija ter študentom UM, UL, UPR in IJS, so pa dobrodošli tudi zaposleni na univerzah in […]
- Pizza party 2022Dear Students and Colleagues, we are thrilled to announce our annual Pizza Party social event. It will be held on 28th of February at 16:00. The event will take place in the G3 basement (Amfiteater Gauss) of Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Maribor (UM FEECS). Pizza Party […]
Communications of the ACM: News
- Although the brain's architecture is very shallow, brain-inspired artificial neural networks' learning capabilities can outperform deep learning.
- Unused bandwidth in neurons can be tapped to control extra limbs.
- Israeli engineers and German gamers partnered to build an accurate virtual model of Jerusalem's Yad Vashem Museum and an educational exhibition in the online gameworld of Minecraft.
- A new artificial intelligence tool can perform lung cancer risk assessments without the help of a radiologist.
- Cleveland State University asked the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit to review a district court ruling that "room scans" by exam proctoring software amount to unconstitutional searches.
- Daniel A. Spielman and colleague Shang-hua Teng solved the mystery of the Simplex Method using a technique called smoothed analysis.
- Researchers Discover That Electrons Play a Surprising Role in Heat Transfer Between Layers of SemiconductorsAn electronic bridge facilitates the fast transfer of energy between semiconductors.
- ChatGPT is not the only game in town.