About Maribor ACM Student Chapter
Welcome to ACM Maribor student chapter. The chapter was established in 2015 by the PhD students from Computer Science Institute at Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Maribor. Our main goal is to share computer science knowledge between different generations of students, while also connecting internationally with other students and ACM chapters across the world.
- Fundamentals of computing and informatics (2. part)On Tuesday, August 30, the follow-up workshop “Fundamentals of computing and informatics”, where held at UM FERI, which were intended for seniors and other interested parties who are involved in the Association of Maribor Engineering Societies. Participants got to know the applications of Google company. For using Google’s applications, participants had … Read more
- Programing for GirlsFrom 24th to 26th of August 2022, a workshop “Programming for girls”, were held at UM FERI, which were intended for high school girls which want to get to know how to write a program that will work on may devices of our network called Internet. The content of the workshop … Read more
- Fundamentals of computing and informatics (1. part)On Tuesday, June 28, the workshops “Fundamentals of computing and informatics”, parts 1 was held at UM FERI, which were intended for seniors and other interested parties who are involved in the Association of Maribor Engineering Societies. In the 1st workshop, the participants first learned about the basic components of a … Read more
- Delavnica NVIDIA: Osnove pospešenega računalništva s CUDA C/C++KDAJ: 16. 2. 2022, 10.00-18.00 KJE: MS Teams (povezavo dobite na dan dogodka) Število mest: 30 Rok prijave: 15. 2. 2022, do 23.55 oziroma do zapolnitve mest! Cena: 0€ Delavnica je namenjena študentskim članom IEEE Slovenija ter študentom UM, UL, UPR in IJS, so pa dobrodošli tudi zaposleni na univerzah in … Read more
- Pizza party 2022Dear Students and Colleagues, we are thrilled to announce our annual Pizza Party social event. It will be held on 28th of February at 16:00. The event will take place in the G3 basement (Amfiteater Gauss) of Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Maribor (UM FEECS). Pizza Party … Read more
Communications of the ACM: News
- Researchers at Finland's VTT Technical Research Center designed a device that could potentially cut cooling costs for dilution-refrigerated quantum computers 10-fold.
- Scientists at cloud security company Wiz discovered Microsoft artificial intelligence researchers accidentally compromised a large collection of private data.
- Researchers used three-dimensional (3D) tomography to document the laser-based power bed fusion process of 3D printing at the microscopic level.
- Researchers demonstrated that machine learning models can generate reliable results even with limited training data.
- Can carbon-capture technologies take the heat off climate change?
- U.K.-based driverless car company Wayve has tapped chatbot technology to question its vehicles about their driving decisions.
- A new version of retail giant Amazon's Just Walk Out cashierless shopping technology for clothing vendors keeps track of apparel via radio-frequency identification (RFID).
- A new machine learning framework can manage power usage to reduce energy consumption in multi-core computer processors.